What types of clients do you see?
- I work with adults and adolescents ages 13 and up. My clients frequently have a history of adverse life events (like abuse or trauma), dissociation, grief/loss, anxiety, problematic relationships with loved ones, a history of self-harming, or depression. Sometimes they find themselves falling into old habits or want to break free from destructive cycles they find themselves in. These problems are frequently inter-related and to resolve the primary problem that brings someone into counseling, we have to get to the root causes.
What if my loved one or I are using drugs and/or alcohol? What if the drug or alcohol use is extreme or at a dangerous level?
- I request that client refrain from drug or alcohol use for 24 hours before and after a therapy session. Having a clear mind is important to allow healing to happen. In a private practice setting, I cannot provide the level of care needed for clients whose substance abuse is extreme or life-threatening or poses a serious risk for the client or others. In these cases I refer clients or families to more appropriate services such as detox, intensive outpatient, or inpatient facilities. You can take a look at the "Resources" page on this site for additional services.
What if I have an emergency?
- If you have an emergency you can call 911 or the Maricopa Crisis Line at 602-222-9444.
How long are sessions?
- Your first session will be approximately 60 minutes. This allows us time to get to know each other, for me to gather information specific to you and your concerns, and to take care of any needed paperwork. After that, most sessions will be 50-60 minutes unless you request that we schedule for additional time. Occasionally I may request longer sessions to allow for the processing of more complicated problems in which case you will be asked if this is okay and given the opportunity to accept or refuse longer sessions.
What is the cost?
- Initial appointments are $150. Ongoing 50-60 minute sessions are $130. If longer sessions are requested or needed the cost will be prorated in 15 minute increments.
How long will I be in therapy?
- The answer to this question is unique to each individual and, in some ways, is unpredictable. While I try to give clients the most efficient service I can, more complicated problems take longer to resolve and sometimes once one problem is taken care of, another one surfaces and the client chooses whether to work on that problem as well. Consistency from you is also extremely important. If you are frequently missing or rescheduling your appointments, it interferes with your therapeutic progress.
Do you take insurance?
- I do accept several major insurance plans. I will also be more than happy to provide you with documentation so that you may bill your insurance company directly for reimbursement. Because each insurance plan is different and offers different coverage, please verify your insurance coverage before your first appointment.
How much do you charge for supervision or consultation?
- My group supervision/consultation rate is $45/hour and individual supervision/consultation is $75/hour. I prefer to keep groups small to allow each group participant individualized attention even in the group setting.
What forms of payment do you take?
- I accept cash, check, or credit cards. Payment is due at the time of service.